v · Anthony "Anton" Herzen
|Game Role||Major Character|
|English VA||Mark Carr|
AppearanceAs a young man, Anton had long blonde hair and blue-based turquoise eyes. He was rather pale from spending years inside the castle, he wore a long blue coat with red on the inside, strongly reminiscent of the vampire character he pretended to be.
Anton has a very complex character. Before the disaster, he was modest and polite, having been raised as an aristocrat. He disliked being high up in society, implying that he was humble. Being with Sophia made him very happy; he was devastated when she left him, and not knowing why frustrated him further. From then on, Anton became withdrawn, harboring a hatred for betrayal above everything else. Though he never truly forgave Sophia for leaving, he was happier with her reasoning, and behaved more like a gentleman.
Anton did not directly give Layton and Luke any puzzles before the ending sequence, although entering Herzen Castle required them to solve at least three puzzles. During the ending sequence, Anton gave Layton and Luke the puzzles "One True Sword" and "The Elysian Box". Anton also gave the professor the puzzle "The Diabolical Box Reopened" in the hidden door of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future.
Though rumored to be a vampire, Anton is actually the current duke of Folsense.
Fifty years ago, Anton was separated from his love, Sophia, a blow from which he never truly recovered.
He is also the elder brother of Beluga.
|Cutscene 15||Cutscene 16||Cutscene 17|
|Cutscene 18||Cutscene 19||Cutscene 20|
|Cutscene 21||Cutscene 22|
- Anton, Layton, Jean Descole, and Randall Ascot are so far the only characters who can sword-fight/fence.
- In the secret room of Unwound Future, Anton refers to himself as "Anthony". This is assumed to be his actual name, as at the 'Puzzle Solved' screen, he says "Don't tell anyone my real name, though...".
- The mini-game, the old diary, is the diary Anton had fifty years ago.
- Anton appears in another game called Inazuma Eleven (which is another different game franchise of Level 5) and appears on a team called the Layton Team, but it is only a brief appearance and the team may not be even challenged. This team includes Professor Layton, Luke, Flora, Don Paolo, Inspector Chelmey and Anton Herzen.
- Herzen Castle in London Life has been renamed as Wedgeham Castle. Anton himself is found in the dining hall.
- In London Life, the shield and armor that is in Anton's great hall was moved to the Oxshire Museum for display.
- Anton also makes a cameo appearance in Last Specter, in the weekly puzzle Auction Order.