v · Leon Bronev
|English VA||Timothy Watson|
|Japanese VA||Masachika Ichimura|
Bronev has grey-blonde hair in a rough style. He has a beard and mustache. His eyes are hidden by his sunglasses. He sports a red shirt and over that a blue jacket with a white handkerchief in his left-top pocket. He has very thin legs on which he wears white trousers and brown shoes.
When he was younger, his hair was brown and he lacked facial hair and his sunglasses.
Bronev appears to be bossy and is the leader of the Targent agency. Not much is known concerning him, but he is ruthless towards his underlings, including Leonard Bloom when the two discussed the Mask of Order. He is also very determined in his goals, wishing to utilize the legacy of the Azran civilization.
A man whose identity is shrouded in mystery. Detective Bloom is his subordinate, and he appears to have some sort of connection with Descole, but even this fact is, at present, unclear. He seems to be looking for something related to the Azran civilization...but what?
- Main article: Gallery:Leon Bronev
- Leon Bronev's name appears to be derived from , one of the most influential Soviet leaders of the Cold War.
- His first name Leon may also come from his lion-like appearance and his determined personality.
- His character profile in Miracle Mask is only unlocked after solving all 150 normal puzzles in the game.
- In the final scene of the US version of the Miracle Mask, Bronev remarks "It is perfect weather for a day of world domination" when he first gets out of the car. This line is dropped in the British version.
- This last point is heavily ironic, given the fact that Bronev joined Targent following the death of his partner, who wanted him to utilize the Azran Legacy in order to build a peaceful world. However, he is prepared to kill people if necessary - as shown when has his soldiers fire at Descole at the Nautilus Chamber and the fact that his soldiers have orders to kill any scientists that try to escape the Targent base.
- Some of his character traits seem to be a tribute to the primary villain of the James Bond film series. The similarities to the famous supervillain include the operation of a large, evil organization, a similar sounding name, and his initial appearance with a hidden face while stroking a cat (or a ferret in Bronev's case).
- While Leon's eyes are a dark reddish brown without his glasses on, in all of the flashbacks he has green eyes. Its possible they have darkened with age.
- When he was younger, he looked very much like Carmine Accidenti, right down to the light trench coat. In the credits he is also shown wearing a flatcap much like Accidenti does
|Professor Layton and the Miracle MaskCharacters in|