v · Desmond Sycamore
|Game Role||Major Character Antagonist*|
|Japanese VA||Atsuro Watabe|
Desmond Sycamore is a major character in Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy.
Desmond Sycamore wears a black suit with a white shirt and red tie. He also wears red browline glasses, which are only for show. He has curly brown hair and brown eyes.
Desmond is a quiet, gentlemanly and intellectual man. Always treats people kindly and rarely get angry, but this changes radically with Targent or when he must to fight for some azran secret. This so different and aggressive attitude is personified on his alter ego, Jean Descole. However, he is nothing more than an archaeologist who wants to live happy and calm, but fate has been impeded this along his life. Therefore he sometimes lives more like Jean Descole that Desmond Sycamore.
- Main article: Gallery:Desmond Sycamore
- Along his life, he has had three names: Hershel Bronev (during part of his childhood), Desmond Sycamore (his real name after becoming orphan) and Jean Descole (the name of his alter ego, created by him for revenging)
- Desmond is shown to be able to fly the Bostonius alongside Raymond, taking control when necessary.
- In the Japanese version of Azran Legacy, Desmond Sycamore holds the title of doctor, rather than professor.
- In Eternal Diva, it is shown that he can play the piano.
- Like Don Paolo from the previous games, Desmond is also a master of disguise as shown in both Last Specter and Miracle Mask. Like Paolo he also helps out Layton in the final game of each trilogy (however Paolo only briefly helps Layton whereas Desmond helps out the full game.)
- Also in Last Specter, it is revealed that he has terrible handwriting.
- Descole, Professor Layton, Anthony Herzen and Randall Ascot are currently the only characters who are known to be able to sword-fight/fence.
- In Azran Legacy, when the group is in Phong Gi, he tells unfunny jokes to the chief.
- In Mossinia (Azran Legacy) , it seems that Desmond has a soft spot for Emmy.
- According to the guidebook, Desmond's glasses are purely aesthetic.
An academic who is widely considered the authority on the Azran civilization. His demeanor is usually gentle, but his temper flairs at the mention of Targent. Despite his appearance, he is actually older than Layton, and sometimes speaks of a lost wife and child.