|This article or section is in need of a cleanup|
It does not meet the wiki's quality standards. You can help the wiki by editing it.
v · Flora Reinhold
|Japanese VA||Mamiko Noto|
Flora Reinhold is the tritagonist of the first trilogy of the Professor Layton series. She is the only child of the late Baron Augustus Reinhold and the late Lady Violet Reinhold, as well as the heiress of the family fortune and St. Mystere.
As a child, Flora wore a plain white dress with a little red ribbon on it, and either white shoes, which also had red ribbons, or just plain red shoes.
In Curious Village, she wears a white dress with red trimming, white gloves, and black shoes. After the first game, Flora wears a coral dress with a red sash and white sleeves and trimming that goes down to her knees. She also wears gray almost-knee-high boots. She has also worn disguises in Curious Village and Diabolical Box, which do not differ that much from her orthodox look. Her disguises usually consist of a simple head scarf and glasses of some sort, Making it so that if you've ever met her before, you can easily tell it's her, Flora herself, however, thinks that her disguises are spot on.
She has big black eyes, and bright rosy cheeks. Her hair is always tied back in a ponytail with a red ribbon, with her bangs hanging in front, in a single curl.
Flora is a sweet, curious individual. Unfortunately, this sometimes leads her into trouble, such as her kidnapping by Don Paolo in Diabolical Box. Because she spent so many years in a village populated entirely by robots, she has difficulty relating to new people, and will often either hide from them or overshare details (as shown in Unwound Future).
She is devotedly fond of both Professor Layton and Luke, and gets very upset when they go away on investigations without her. It's implied in both Diabolical Box and Unwound Future that she has a strong fear of being alone, and Unwound Future in particular gives the impression that she has separation anxiety when she's away from Layton for too long. This is understandable, as he is the only parental figure she has had for many years, and when he goes away without her she worries that he might not come back. Her relationship with Luke is mostly good-natured; they have a great time together at the fair in Dropstone during Diabolical Box, and he is very angry on both occasions when she gets kidnapped. The scenes in which they rescue her in Unwound Future make it very clear that they love her as much as she loves them. Flora is also assumed/presumed to be Layton's adopted daughter, though that was never verbally said nor visually suggested in the game, she travels with the Professor, just like Luke, her adoption is not definite, but it is probable. She might have been adopted between games, nobody knows as a definite.
- When Flora smiles, an apple-shaped birthmark appears on her neck. This is likely why her father called her "the Golden Apple."
- Despite this, the birthmark is not shown later in the series, even when she is expressing happiness. This may be because it is covered by her dress.
- Flora does not offer any puzzles until the second game, and she doesn't solve any until the third.
- Flora's white dress is only worn in Curious Village. In the rest of the series, she wears her orange dress.
- As shown in the credits of the first and third games, Flora loves to cook, but the results are not appetizing.
- Flora is sensitive about her cooking, as shown in the third game. She asks Luke if he loves someone else's sandwich more than hers, to which he doesn't answer.
- Flora appears in another game called Inazuma Eleven (which is another different game franchise of Level-5), and appears on a team called the Layton Team, but it is only a brief appearance and the team may not be even challenged. This team includes Professor Layton, Luke, Flora, Don Paolo, Inspector Chelmey and Anton Herzen.
- It is said in London Life that she likes a Natural room with at least 101 Decor.
- It is shown in Unwound Future that she likes murder mystery novels.
- Flora gives the quest "The Local Flora" in London Life.
- In Unwound Future, it is revealed that Flora and Luke share a love for stuffed animals.
- In Azran Legacy, she appears as the 'Puzzle Addict' trophy. This is awarded to the player when they solve every Daily Puzzle + in The Hidden Door.
As Herselfvillage. She lost her mother as a small child and was raised by her father, Baron Augustus Reinhold.
As HerselfLuke and Layton onto the Molentary Express. In her free time, she likes cooking, though most of her efforts in the kitchen have the unfortunate event of turning stomachs.
While DisguisedLayton nor Luke saw through her disguise.
Unwound FutureLayton's protégée and devoted follower, Flora refuses to be left behind on the professor and Luke's expeditions. Her cooking has been known to turn stomachs, but it seems to have improved a bit recently.
|Characters in Professor Layton and the Curious Village|
|Professor Layton and the Last SpecterCharacters in|
|Professor Layton and the Eternal DivaCharacters in|