|Although User:MoltenAsh has said multiple times he doesn't think it's needed, we will need one or more active Admins on this wiki. MoltenAsh himself hasn't edited for over a month for some reason. I've tried to leave multiple messages on his page, but still no go :(.I believe we should agree on one or two persons to take it over. One person will have to make an Adoption requests at the community central (and (s)he can then manually promote the second). Before we can ask for an adoption, the rules state we have to discuss this however, so that's why there's this page ;)
If you want to pose yourself (or someone else) as candidate for taking over, do so below (don't forget the motivation!), and make sure you:
- Have enough time to work on it.
- Have at least created a few pages.
- Have helped others with problems (through talk pages).
- Know at least the basic Wiki syntax (the more the better).
- Admin experience is a plus but not a requirement (its not THAT hard ;) )
@MoltenAsh: If you ever read this: I hope you see yourself that you have been pretty inactive lately. We don't want you to leave, but we need to do what's the best for the wiki. - Tjcool007 (Talk / Contribs) 17:57, December 20, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't think i should adopt because im kinda knew at the prof layton thing. I dont even have a game of prof layton but i started liking the prof layton story when my friend told me. Though i do have much experience in other wiki's i work on. - AdventureWriter28 09:30, December 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I've seen you already asked to adopt another Wiki, and you can only adopt one a month regardless. ;) - Tjcool007 (Talk / Contribs) 18:17, December 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Since MoltenAsh is now back (at least for now), adoption won't be needed. We should still add some Admins though. - Tjcool007 (Talk / Contribs) 09:46, December 23, 2010 (UTC)
- User:Tjcool007 (T / C) - I know a lot about the wiki syntax, have been an admin on various wikis before and am prepared to edit a lot.
- User:SophiaDena13 (T / C) - As you can see, I have improved most of the major pages of this wiki, and have found loads of images and photos. I am prepared to spend a lot of time on this if necessary.
- User:Trace Barkley (T / C) - After looking through my contributions, you may notice that most are not mainspace but structural. I'm mainly here to make this site look great, but to do so I need Administrative rights. (Especially with the new wiki setup.) With Administrative rights, I'll make sure this wiki will look better than any wiki before it!
- Mewgeta: I know I am the Admin from the german Wiki. But I have asked you to make me an admin, you said no. I am asking now again. Many pages here makes not sense
- -> [[Game Manual of Style]] It's a project site so =>
[[Professor Layton Wiki:Game Manual of Style]]
- -> [[Featured Articles]] What is that? A Template? then please =>
- -> [[Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - Puzzle 001: Party Crasher]] Isn't it a little bit to big? => <code><nowiki>[[Party Crasher]]</code> is okay!
- -> [[PUKEY RULES]] WHAT IS THAT!? I added the delete tag but no admin has deleted this "article".
These are examples, but you know what I mean! So I am asking you now again, could you make me and the other 2 guys up before me, too? Thanx :P --Mewgeta 00:51, January 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Game manual of style: Yeah, should be moved.
- Featured Articles: Nope, that's no template. A template is supposed to be used on Multiple pages. This page is only transcluded to the Main Page. It could be made a subpage of the Main Page I guess though.
- The long puzzle name, see here.
- The Pukey thing isn't removed due inactive Admin. - Tjcool007 (Talk / Contribs) 10:29, January 7, 2011 (UTC)
Heyy guys, still here, and i'm gonna reply on all of your posts on here in the following days. All right, let's see... The admins. Umm, i've no idea how to make someone an admin, which shows exactly how inexperienced i am. I understand that we need more admins to keep this wiki healthy. If someone could just tell me how, then i can help. MoltenAsh 17:29, January 2, 2011 (UTC)
- @MoltenAsh: To make someone an admin, just go to this link (http://layton.wikia.com/wiki/Special:UserRights) AdventureWriter28 02:14, January 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Since it's a wiki page you can also link it normally: Special:UserRights ;). MoltenAsh: If you don't know how to do something, visit The Help Wikia. It even helped me :P - Tjcool007 (Talk / Contribs) 10:34, January 3, 2011 (UTC)
- All right, so I'll just have to enter someone's username and edit their userrights. Well, sounds simple, thanks! But I'm not sure who we want as extra admins. Of course I've seen some people who would like to try it, which includes you, if i recall correctly. (Not being able to search the wiki while posting is annoying >.<) Also, about the Help Wikia: There's a lot it doesn't explain, which makes it so I don't use it much. Oh well, i'll give it a try again the next time I'm confused. MoltenAsh 21:10, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
- If the Help wiki isn't enough, try wikipedia:Help:Contents or mw:Help:Contents, those contain even more help than the help Wiki, though not Wikia specific help. As for who, I dunno, take the ones you think would do best. Personally, I'm not someone who wants to just "try" it, I know very well how Sysop rights work and what I would do with them ;). (My first action would be to change the logo to the one I posted below if you like it :P). - Tjcool007 (Talk / Contribs) 21:33, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
I've been given Admin rights by Sannse, a Wikia staff member :)
I've made Trace an Admin so he'll be able to mess a bit with the theme & stuff. I'll promote the rest later (little busy atm ;) )
@MoltenAsh, don't worry, you're still in charge, I'm just taking some difficult jobs aways from ya ;) - Tjcool007 (Talk / Contribs) 16:52, January 11, 2011 (UTC)
- SophiaDena13 made Admin - Tjcool007 (Talk / Contribs) 09:19, January 13, 2011 (UTC)
Hey, can i ask for at least Rollback Rights so that if there's any vandalism, we can fight against it. AdventureWriter28-Leave Message Anytime 10:51, January 19, 2011 (UTC)
- There isn't really any vandalism atm. (And we're active enough to face them). But if there is more vandalism, you'll get the rights. - Tjcool007 (Talk / Contribs) 18:50, January 19, 2011 (UTC)