v · Chelmey
|Game Role||Recurring Character|
VS Ace Attorney
|Japanese VA||Shiro Saito|
The Inspector wears a khaki suit with a white shirt, black shoes, and a navy blue tie. He has a heavy, curved mustache and black hair combed to the side.
Inspector Chelmey is gruff and rather unfeeling, although he does show mild affection to his second, Barton. He also loves his wife, Amelie; proved by Barton's comment that he'd never seen a man more in love with his wife than Inspector Chelmey. He enjoys 'showing Layton up', but Layton usually ends up doing a better job than Chelmey, instead. Chelmey takes pride in his job, and is definitely dedicated to being an inspector. He has demonstrated great talent in analytical thinking, although his habit of jumping to conclusions often leads to him being outdone by the Professor.
Inspector Chelmey, in the first trilogy, gives Layton and Luke a puzzle or two. In Curious Village Chelmey gives Layton and Luke the puzzles "Five Suspects" and "The Mysterious Note". In Diabolical Box he gives the pair a few more puzzles. These ones are "The Shoe Store Thief", "Chelmey's Route", and "A Secure Room". He gives Layton and Luke puzzles in Unwound Future as well. These final puzzles include: "The Fingerprint", "Where's the Arrow?", and "Bricks 'n' Bullion".
- In the US version of Curious Village, Chelmey's favourite food is sweet-potato fritters. In the UK version, however, his favourite food is cake.
- Despite being voiced by Christoper Miller in the games, Chelmey is voiced by Jonathan Keeble in Eternal Diva.
- Though Chelmey isn't a major character in the prequel trilogy, the character Inspector Grosky could be considered to be his equivalent, playing a similar role to him. The biggest difference between the two characters is that Chelmey is grumpy and impatient, while Grosky is spunkier and more athletic. It should be noted that Chelmey and Barton do cameo in Last Specter when Emmy goes to Scotland Yard. Amelie and Chelmey are also seen in The Azran Legacy, traveling the world in their Honeymoon.
- Technically, Chelmey was not in Curious Village, and actually made his debut in Diabolical Box.
- Inspector Chelmey appears on another game called Inazuma Eleven (which is another different game franchise of Level 5) and appears on a team called the Layton Team but it is only a brief appearance and his team may not be even challenged. This team includes Professor Layton, Luke, Flora, Don Paolo, Inspector Chelmey and Anton Herzen.
- When Chelmey first met Layton in Diabolical Box, he didn't trust him, and was quite rude to him. But Chelmey seemed to have developed a new respect for Layton somewhere in between Diabolical Box and Unwound Future, and even admitted to him that he was baffled by the case of the missing prime minister.
- Chelmey gives the request "Scotland Yard Escalation" in London Life.
- Chelmey would have to be in his mid 30's to 40's.
- Chelmey appears in the crossover title, Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. His role in the game very brief, appearing in London during the prologue.
- He is never seen to smile, even while conversing lovingly with his wife while on his honeymoon (though this may be because his mouth is obscured by his mustache). Amelie however points out that he's blushing.
Curious VillageLondon area.
Diabolical Boxwife's sweet-potato fritters.
Unwound FutureLondon underworld quaking in their boots. His strong sense of justice means he will do whatever it takes to put criminals behind bars, but at home with his wife, he is the model loving husband.
As InspectorInspector Grosky, but his subordinate Barton is a source of constant frustration to him. Nevertheless, the two are rarely seen apart.
In his youth, Chelmey was an earnest but quick-tempered officer who was spotted and recruited by Inspector Gilbert. His involvement with a certain case, coupled with his strong sense of justice, led him to become an inspector.
Chelmey is a Scotland Yard detective and one of Grosky's colleagues. The criminals of London were given a short break from his no-nonsense approach to justice when he took off to enjoy a round-the-world honeymoon adventure with his lovely bride, Amelie.
|Characters in Professor Layton and the Curious Village|
|Professor Layton and the Eternal DivaCharacters in|