Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
v · Professor Layton and the
Nintendo eShop (3DS)
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy is a Professor Layton series game for the Nintendo 3DS. The game was confirmed in a Japanese Nintendo Direct presentation on August 29, 2012. According to LEVEL-5 CEO, Akihiro Hino, it will be the last game in the series to star Professor Layton himself as the main protagonist. The game was confirmed for localization in both the European and North American Nintendo Direct events of April 17, 2013. It was released on November 8th in Europe, and was released in North America on February 28, 2014.
The game happens chronologically one year after the events from Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. It concludes the prequel trilogy of the series.
At Tokyo Game Show 2012, a full three-minute trailer was revealed. The trailer featured Professor Layton, Luke, and Emmy, with two new characters, Desmond Sycamore, a fellow archaeologist from London, and Aurora, the living mummy who is somehow connected to the legacy of the Azran civilization. The game was released in Japan on February 28, 2013.
The ending theme of this installment is "Surely Someday" by Fukuhara Miho.
In order to promote the game further in Japan, two sets of Professor Layton themed chocolate were sold. Each box contains a special card containing a puzzle, as well as a code to unlock it in the game. The chocolate comes in 2 flavors ("gateau chocolat" and "black tea chiffon cake") and were available from January 15th to the end of March.
The game received its first playable English demo at the Hyper Japan 2013 event in the United Kingdom.
- Prologue: Setting Off
- Chapter 1: Frozen in Time
- Chapter 2: The Mysterious Girl
- Chapter 3: A Day Out in London
- Chapter 4: The Hunt for the Eggs
- Chapter 5: Into The Nest
- Chapter 6: The Azran Sanctuary
- Finale: The Azran Legacy
Main Article: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy/Mysteries
Logo & Boxart
Azran Legacy Theme
- The Japanese boxart seems to be inspired by the previous European boxarts throughout the series. As a result, the European boxart for the game is mostly a recolored version of the Japanese one.
- The American boxart is virtually identical to the European one, other than a few minor changes, such as the ESRB icon and the text on the bottom.
- This is one of two games in the series to receive an USK rating of 6, the other game being Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. Both of these games are the last game of their respective trilogy.
- This is the third game in the Layton series where the US, UK and AU versions all hold the same name. The other two being Curious Village and Miracle Mask.
- Azran Legacy completes the story-arc that began in Professor Layton and the Last Specter, continued in the film release, Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva, followed by Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. It also leads directly into Professor Layton and the Curious Village, taking place only a 'few' weeks later.
- This game has the least chapters of any Professor Layton game. This is due to Chapter 4 being divided into five parts, meaning the game, technically has the equivalent of ten chapters.
- This game is, currently, the final installment in the prequel trilogy, and Layton series overall. It should be noted that although Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney was released after Azran Legacy, it is not considered part of either trilogy.
- ^ a b Professor Layton And The Azaran Legacies Will Stump Japan In February - Siliconera
- ^ a b Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy hits North America Feb. 28 - Joystiq
- ^ a b Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies coming to Europe on Nov. 8 - Polygon
- ^ New 3DS Professor Layton Announced - Andriasang
- ^ Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy Intro 04 - layton.jp
- ^ Professor Layton Chocolates Coming to Japan - NintendoWorldReport
- ^ When Professor Layton Solves A Riddle He Eats His Own Chocolate - Siliconera
- ^ Nintendo UK to Conquer Hyper Japan with Wii U and 3DS - cubed3
|Professor Layton series|