|Professor Layton and the|
|Platform(s)|| Nintendo 3DS|
Nintendo eShop (3DS)
|In the series|
|Previous||Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask|
|Next||Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney|
|In other languages|
Reiton Kyouju to Choubunmei A no Isan
(Professor Layton and the Legacy of Advanced Civilization A)
|Deutsch||Professor Layton und das Vermächtnis von Aslant|
|Español||El profesor Layton y el legado de los Ashalanti|
|Français||Professeur Layton et l'héritage des Aslantes|
|Italiano||Il Professor Layton e l'eredità degli Aslant|
|Nederlands||Professor Layton en de Erfenis van de Azran|
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy is a Professor Layton series game for the Nintendo 3DS. The game was confirmed in a Japanese Nintendo Direct presentation on August 29, 2012. According to LEVEL-5 CEO, Akihiro Hino, it will be the last game in the series to star Professor Layton himself as the main protagonist[note 1]. The game was confirmed for localization in both the European and North American Nintendo Direct events of April 17, 2013. It was released on November 8th in Europe, and was released in North America on February 28, 2014.
At Tokyo Game Show 2012, a full three-minute trailer was revealed. The trailer featured Professor Layton, Luke, and Emmy, with two new characters, Desmond Sycamore, a fellow archaeologist from London, and Aurora, the living mummy who is somehow connected to the legacy of the Azran civilization. The game was released in Japan on February 28, 2013.
The ending theme of this installment is "Surely Someday" by Fukuhara Miho.
In order to promote the game further in Japan, two sets of Professor Layton themed chocolate were sold. Each box contains a special card containing a puzzle, as well as a code to unlock it in the game. The chocolate comes in 2 flavors ("gateau chocolat" and "black tea chiffon cake") and were available from January 15th to the end of March.
The game received its first playable English demo at the Hyper Japan 2013 event in the United Kingdom.
- Prologue: Setting Off
- Chapter 1: Frozen in Time
- Chapter 2: The Mysterious Girl
- Chapter 3: A Day Out in London
- Chapter 4: The Hunt for the Eggs
- Chapter 5: Into The Nest
- Chapter 6: The Azran Sanctuary
- Finale: The Azran Legacy
Logo & Boxart
Azran Legacy Theme
- The Japanese boxart seems to be inspired by the previous European boxarts throughout the series. As a result, the European boxart for the game is mostly a recolored version of the Japanese one.
- This is one of the only two games in the series to receive an USK rating of 6, the other game being Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. Both of these games are the last game of their respective trilogy.
- Azran Legacy references Professor Layton and the Last Specter, Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, and Professor Layton and the Curious Village.
- ^ a b Professor Layton And The Azaran Legacies Will Stump Japan In February - Siliconera
- ^ a b Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy hits North America Feb. 28 - Joystiq
- ^ a b Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies coming to Europe on Nov. 8 - Polygon
- ^ New 3DS Professor Layton Announced - Andriasang
- ^ Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy Intro 04 - layton.jp
- ^ Professor Layton Chocolates Coming to Japan - NintendoWorldReport
- ^ When Professor Layton Solves A Riddle He Eats His Own Chocolate - Siliconera
- ^ Nintendo UK to Conquer Hyper Japan with Wii U and 3DS - cubed3
- ^ Mentioned in a Nintendo Direct. The exact meaning of Akihiro's words is currently unclear.
- ^ a b c Confirmed in trailer and/or on site
|v · d · eGames in the Professor Layton series|
|First Trilogy||Professor Layton and the... Curious Village | Diabolical Box | Unwound Future|
|Second Trilogy||Professor Layton and the... Last Specter | Miracle Mask | Azran Legacy|
|Crossover||Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney | Professor Layton Royale|
|Other||Professor Layton's London Life | Professor Layton and the Mansion of the Deathly Mirror | Layton Brothers: Mystery Room | Professor Layton and the Phantom Thieves|