|Appearances|| Miracle Mask|
|English VA||Timothy Watson|
|Japanese VA||Masachika Ichimura|
|Occupation||Head of Targent*|
|Hair Color||Gray-Light Brown|
|Children|| Jean Descole|
|Others|| Emmy Altava*|
|In other languages|
Bronev has grey hair in a rough style. He has a beard and mustache. His eyes are hidden by his sunglasses. He sports a red shirt and over that a blue jacket with a white handkerchief in his left-top pocket. He has very thin legs on which he wears white trousers and brown shoes.
Bronev appears to be bossy and is the leader of the Targent agency. Not much is known concerning him, but he is ruthless towards his underlings, including Leonard Bloom when the two discussed the Mask of Order. He is also very determined in his goals, wishing to utilize the legacy of the Azran civilization.
A man whose identity is shrouded in mystery. Detective Bloom is his subordinate, and he appears to have some sort of connection with Descole, but even this fact is, at present, unclear. He seems to be looking for something related to the Azran civilization...but what?
- Main article: Gallery:Leon Bronev
- His character profile in Miracle Mask is only unlocked after solving all 150 normal puzzles in the game.
- In the final scene of the US version of the Miracle Mask, Bronev remarks "It is perfect weather for a day of world domination" when he first gets out of the car. This line is dropped in the British version.
- This last point is heavily ironic, given the fact that Bronev joined Targent following the death of his partner, who wanted him to utilize the Azran Legacy in order to build a peaceful world. However, he is prepared to kill people if necessary - whether this is a bluff or not is unknown.
- His English first name Leon may come from his lion-like appearance and his determined personality.
- Strangely enough, his Japanese first name (Bronev) appears to be his English last name.
- Bronev seems to be a tribute to Ernst Stavro Blofeld the primary villain of the James Bond film series. The similarities to the famous supervillain include the operation of a large, evil organization, a similar sounding name, and his initial appearance with a hidden face while stroking a cat (or a ferret in Bronev's case).
|v · d · eCharacters in Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask|
|Major||Hershel Layton • Luke Triton • Emmy Altava • Jean Descole • Clamp Grosky • Nana Grams • Roland Layton • Lucille Layton • The Masked Gentleman • Randall Ascot • Henry Ledore • Angela Ledore • Alphonse Dalston • Leonard Bloom • Sheffield • Bronev|
|Minor||Aldus • Artie • Collette • Conner • Cookie • Doug • Drake • Esther • Firth • Frankie • Gonzales • Gustav • Guy • Hanna • Humbert • Juggles • Lionel • Madame Lapushka • Madelaine •|
Michelle • Mordy • Mr. Collins • Mrs. Ascot • Murphy • Nils • Pascal • Policeman • Puck • Raymond • Rich Billson • Sterling • Stumble • Tanya • Tyrone • Yukkles • Yuming
|Animals||Brown Rabbit • Faithful Steed • Gallant Steed • Maurice • Parrot • Spirited Steed • White Rabbit|
|v · d · eCharacters in Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy|
|Major||Hershel Layton • Luke Triton • Emmy Altava • Desmond Sycamore • Aurora • Clamp Grosky • Jean Descole • Leon Bronev • Raymond • Roland Layton • Lucille Layton • Granny Riddleton • Keats • Rachel Bronev|
|Minor||Aldus • Amanita • Amelie Chelmey • Banu • Barbara • Beatrix • Benny • Blewitt • Boris • Brenda Triton • Bud • Button • Carmichael • Chanterelle • Chelmey • Chestnut • Clark Triton • Dana • Dariya Kolum • Dean Delmona • Derringer • Donna • Erik • Flint • Gannet • Georg • Grouse • Hanna • Harald • Hazel (Human) • Igor • Javier • Jesse • Julien • Karpin • Lepidella • Larisa • Leonard Bloom • Macaw • Mackintosh • Martine • Mascha • Mehri • Miranda • Moos • Morel • Nassir • Pavlova • Piet • Plover • Policeman • Prima • Rik • Robin • Romie • Romilda • Ruby • Scarlett • Sheppard • Solveig • Sonya • Stachenscarfen • Swift • Temir • Tommy • Umid|
|Animals||Adler • Felicia • Hazel (Squirrel) • Old Red|